Swift Direct Blinds is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
WHAT WE COLLECT
The personal information we collect might include your name, address, postcode, phone numbers, email address, IP address, and information regarding what pages are accessed and when. We may also collect other information relevant to customer behaviour, demographics, surveys and/or offers. We will not collect, store or process data that is labelled as sensitive under GDPR.
WHAT WE DO WITH THE INFORMATION WE GATHER
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- To carry out our obligations arising from any enquiries, projects or contracts entered into by you and us, compliance with a legal obligation, vital interests, a public task or legitimate interests.
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- We may collect IP addresses of visitors to our website for the purposes of protecting our website from hacking attempts or email SPAM.
- We may collect and store personal data as part of web servers’ logs for the purposes of detecting and preventing fraud and unauthorized access and maintaining the security of our systems.
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP THIS DATA FOR?
We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with us. We review our retention periods for personal information on a regular basis.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect on-line.
A cookie is a small file which is placed on your computer’s hard drive which helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual enabling it to tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences. For more information and a guide to deleting and controlling cookies, please refer to aboutcookies.org, provided by international law firm Pinsent Masons.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and helps us to identify ways to improve our website in order to tailor it better to our customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better and more usable website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may however limit some functionality and prevent you from taking full advantage of the website. For details on how to do this, please refer to aboutcookies.org, provided by international law firm Pinsent Masons.
We use Adroll to collect anonymous data on users of our site. The technologies utilized allow Adroll to collect this data entirely anonymously and allow us to deliver interest-based advertising. If you prefer that Adroll does not collect any data from when you visit a website, Information for opting out can be found on the National Advertising Initiative website.
We use Google Analytics to collect data on how our users are using our website and their demographics (age, gender) and interests which enables us to evaluate how our users’ behaviour varies by demographics and interests in order that we can improve our website content, marketing and services for our clients. The information generated by the cookies about your use of our website (including your IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States. Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google’s behalf. Google undertakes not to associate your IP address with any other data held by Google.
The Google Analytics features we implement may be based on Display Advertising (e.g. Remarketing, Google Display Network Impression Reporting, the DoubleClick Campaign Manager integration, or Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting).
Users can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize Google Display Network ads using the Ads Settings. If you prefer that Google Analytics does not collect any data from you when you visit a website that has it incorporated, information for opting out can be found on Google Analytics’ currently available opt-outs for the web.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
CONTROLLING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Under the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR), you have the following rights:
- the right to be informed
- the right of access
- the right to rectification
- the right to erasure
- the right to restrict processing
- the right to data portability
- the right to object
- the right not to be subject to automated decision-making including profiling
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for a box, or boxes, that you can select to indicate your consent.
if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing or other purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to us, emailing us at [email protected] or updating your preferences directly on our website here
- If we are using your data because we deem it necessary for our legitimate interests to do so, and you do not agree, you have the right to object. We will respond to your request within 30 days (although we may be allowed to extend this period in certain cases). Generally, we will only disagree with you if certain limited conditions apply.
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
In order to be able to offer you Klarna’s payment options, we will pass to Klarna certain aspects of your personal information, such as contact and order details, in order for Klarna to assess whether you qualify for their payment options and to tailor the payment options for you.
Your personal data is handled in accordance with applicable data protection law and in accordance with the information in our Terms & Conditions
We do not create derived or inferred data about people by profiling.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the GDPR (previously the Data Protection Act 1998). If you would like a copy of the information held on you please email us at [email protected].
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us as soon as possible, at [email protected]. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.